International Forum on African Leadership is a one-day strategic high-level summit that is designed to build consensus on responses towards pressing regional and international challenges guided by a shared vision, principles, aspirations, and an innovative values-based approach. The summit is convened as part of African Leadership magazine’s mandate of evolving solutions to some of Africa’s peculiar challenges. Thus, key takeaways from this summit will help towards improving African economies, education, security, leadership at all levels of society, youth productivity, and women empowerment as well as address community development needs.
Theme: Peace, Security and Sustainable Development in Africa – Our Home-grown Solutions”
A forum to encourage new thinking and research in the field of peacebuilding and proactive security measures, while unveiling Africa’s 100 Impactful Leaders.
The peacebuilding landscape in Africa has shifted dramatically both in responses to the changing dynamics of conflict as well as the emergence of new conflict actors on the continent. In many cases, the changing landscape of conflict has thrown up challenges that exceed the initial scope and provisions of existing peacebuilding norms and frameworks.
Through a series of lectures, plenary sessions, workshops, and cultural events, we shall:
- engage and connect participants in an international dialogue in an open and inclusive space
- inspire innovative thinking, research and practice among policymakers, academia, policy implementers and practitioners in all the field of peacebuilding
- Activate a new generation to build peace and stability across the continent.
International Forum on African Leadership brings perspicacity and experience from experts in both the public and private sectors. From International peace counsels to regional conflict managers, policy drafting experts, negotiators, to non-governmental organizations and civil society, our speakers will traverse topics at the heart of peacebuilding, conflict management, technology and crime, Education, Infrastructure etc.
- African Heads of States
- African Government Ministers & Heads of Government departments
- Representatives from US State Department, USTA, and senior US Government Officials
- States & Regional Governments across Africa
- Leading International Investors and Global business leaders with Africa holdings or interested in Doing business in Africa
- Top African Business Leaders
- International Development Organizations doing business in Africa
Participants at the 2017 edition of the Summit included Her Excellency, Ameena Gurib-Fakim, Former President of the Republic of Mauritius; H.E. Dominique Ouattara, First Lady, Republic of Cote d’Ivoire; H.E. Roman Tesfaye, First Lady, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia; His Excellency Mr. Willie Obiano, the Executive Governor of Anambra State, Nigeria; Pastor Paul Adefarasin, Founder House on the Rock Nigeria; Lawrence Sikutwa, Chairman, Madison Financial Services Plc, Zambia, Esther Cobbah, CEO Stratcom Africa Ghana; among others among others; as well as delegations from across Africa.
Date & Venue:
25 September 2018 at New York Hilton Midtown, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, USA
Interested in Attending?
Interested in attending the International Summit on African Leadership 2018, Click HERE.
Contacts & FAQS
Inquiries: call: Simon Ugwu – +2347031640048 / +447438802727
For more info on previous events visit: www.africanleadership.co.uk